Tryon Equine Mobile
Tryon Equine Mobile is an ambulatory clinic serving a very active, diverse, and growing equestrian community in the greater Charlotte area. Our team includes five doctors and five support staff. We are an integrative ambulatory clinic that offers a full range of on-farm diagnostics and treatments, including digital radiology, ultrasound, gastroscope, shockwave, laser, bloodwork, and dentistry, along with acupuncture and chiropractic services.
Tryon Equine Mobile continues its mission to provide quality niche care to our clients while offering veterinarians and staff an innovative and collaborative working environment. We are seeking a Veterinary Assistant to join our growing team in our Waxhaw, North Carolina, area. The successful candidate will provide exceptional support to veterinarians in their daily schedules by assisting with patient care and performing critical administrative duties. The Veterinary Assistant will work well under time constraints and pressure, maintaining a positive attitude and pivoting quickly as circumstances and schedules change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist veterinarian(s) with appointments, which may include, but are not limited to: preparing treatment area for examination of patient; restraining and jogging horses during examination and treatment procedures; assisting with and/or performing diagnostic imaging and treatments using appropriate protection and safety measures.
- Organize equipment and supplies required for daily appointments, including restocking the veterinarian vehicles.
- While traveling with a veterinarian, responsible for documentation, client follow-up, and billing.
- Help maintain the workspace’s cleanliness (i.e., cleaning inside the vehicle, vacuuming floorboards, disinfecting surfaces, and emptying trash).
- Perform routine laboratory tests, document results, or communicate with the appropriate veterinarian.
- Fill in when needed for weekend coverage responsibilities.
- Assist with preparations of surgical packs.
- Other projects as requested.
Must have equine experience, strong client service experience, strong organizational and follow-up skills, attention to detail, strong time management skills, and a valid driver’s license.
High school graduate with a minimum of three years of equine experience. Additional qualifications as a veterinary technician will be a plus but not required.
The schedule includes a four-day work week, Monday, Wednesday-Friday from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, and occasional work on weekends.
Tryon Equine Mobile offers exceptional benefits for full-time positions, including employer contribution to health insurance, supplemental Insurance Options, including vision, dental, life, and critical care, i.e., annual paid time off, 401k with up to a 4% employer match, and veterinary care discounts.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com