Website South Carolina Equine Associates
South Carolina Equine Associates is a full-service equine ambulatory practice in Camden, SC. This well-established practice includes six doctors, three administrative staff, and a veterinary assistant. South Carolina Equine Associates sees a wide variety of sport horses, including flat and steeplechase racehorses, show horses, fox hunters, and backyard horses, to name a few. South Carolina Equine Associates has state-of-the-art equipment, including digital radiography units, ultrasounds, shockwave, endoscopy, and gastroscopy and two associates certified in acupuncture and chiropractic. The professional and courteous staff at South Carolina Equine Associates goal is to provide the best possible medical, surgical, dental, and lameness care.
We seek to hire a Practice Manager to oversee all daily operations, including developing and implementing systems, policies and processes needed to manage current and future activities. The ideal candidate will have experience in veterinary practice management and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and interact with doctors, non-doctor personnel, and clients, handling various facets of the overall operations. For more information, please contact Jamie O’Flynn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Manage all employees and operational processes (SOPs) of one practice location to ensure consistency and unification of the overall operation.
- Promote a client-centered environment and facilitates programs and processes that meet client needs.
- Promote a cooperative working environment among staff members; understand the value of teamwork; show enthusiasm and willingness to perform as necessary to help the practice function as a unit.
- Review/approve timecards from automated time & attendance tracking, and review bi-weekly payroll.
- Assist with weekly and monthly reporting, and participate in monthly financial reviews.
- Assist with inventory management, cycle counts, and establishment of min-max standards.
- Manage/assist in preparing budgets identifying innovative steps to improve efficiency, reduce expenses and increase company profitability.
- Oversee/assist with compliance and regulatory matters, including controlled substance recordkeeping and report, workplace safety, etc.
- Assist with administrative affairs, including the negotiation of vendor contracts, communications of legal matters, and the management of liability claims.
- Assist with identifying individual and company performance measurements and implement appropriate incentive plans working with Lead Veterinarians and Human Resources.
- Assist with enhancing the public image and recognition of the Practice’s name within the industry through branding initiatives, social media, community outreach, new business development, and strategic partnerships.
- Organize recruitment and placement of required employees, ensuring organizational structure and delegating tasks and responsibilities.
- Evaluate performance on an on-going basis with employees and handle, along with Human Resources, all disciplinary actions with employees when necessary.
- Assist in developing policies and coordinating activities with Human Resources, such as written job descriptions, interviewing, hiring, compensation, benefits, and training.
- Organize and conduct weekly/monthly meetings involving Lead Veterinarians, Associate doctors, interns, and/or staff, including strategic planning sessions.
- Utilize the practice management system effectively.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience in veterinary practice management.
- Human Resource experience desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) is required.
- Knowledge of Quick Books preferred.
- Knowledge of veterinary practice management system, HVMS, preferred.
- Strong business writing and oral communications skills are necessary.
- Must possess strong research and follow-up skills.
The schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and occasional work on weekends.
South Carolina Equine Associates offers exceptional benefits for full-time positions, including employer contribution to health insurance and supplemental insurance options, including vision, dental, life, and critical care. Annual paid time off and 401k with up to a 4% employer match, and veterinary care discounts are also offered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com