Website Interstate Equine Hospital
Schedule: Various Schedules
Experience: Excellent Horse Husbandry Skills
Job Description: Work closely with supervising veterinarian(s) to provide preventive care, diagnose injuries and illnesses and perform medical procedures on patients inside or outside the clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with in-hospital patient care, including ensuring timely treatments; access to clean water and food, as allowed; clean stalls and patient areas.
- Assist veterinarian(s) with appointments, which may include, but not be limited: preparing treatment area for examination of patient; restrain and jog horses during examination and treatment procedures; assist with and/or perform diagnostic imaging and treatments using appropriate protection and safety measures; assist with unloading from or loading on trailers.
- Organize equipment and supplies required for daily appointments, including restocking of the veterinarian vehicles and treatment rooms.
- Help to maintain cleanliness of the facility (i.e., washing floors, sweeping, cleaning, disinfecting surfaces, cleaning treatment and surgery areas, check parking lot for manure, cleaning drains, stocking feed stalls, emptying trash).
- Perform routine laboratory test, documenting results or communicating with the appropriate veterinarian.
- Assist with preparations of surgical packs, tables, carts, medications, drapes, etc.
- Responsible for post-surgical or post treatment cleaning procedures.
- Assist with the overall maintenance of the clinic and facility, including bathrooms and lab area.
- Other projects as requested.
Equine experience, strong client service experience, strong organizational and follow-up skills, attention to detail, and strong time management skills.
High school graduate with a minimum of three years equine experience. Additional qualifications as a veterinary technician will be a plus but not required. For more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com